Remote Learning at P.S. 31Q
In order for remote learning to be successful we have created guidelines to help you and your child meet expectations for their Google Classrooms.
- Students learn best when they are present both visually and audibly. Cameras are expected to be on during live sessions. If your child cannot turn their camera on, parent(s)/guardian(s) are asked to notify the teacher via email/DOJO.
- Attendance will be taken in the Google Classroom. The DOE’s definition of “present” is “defined as: In Person: Student is physically present in the classroom/school learning environment for instruction during the scheduled school day. Remote: Student is virtually present in a virtual learning environment for (live) synchronous instruction during the scheduled school day.”
- Student’s digital communication to the teacher’s daily question (“Are you here today?”), as well as their camera being on, digital sharing of completed assignments and/or assessments, and participation in discussion will count for student attendance.
- Google Meet sessions are learning environments. In order to stay focused on instruction students should refrain from bringing food, drinks or toys to their “classes”. Providing your child with headphones or earbuds during Google Meets sessions will help them focus on their learning and not on their surroundings.
- Students should participate in their live sessions in a quiet space with limited interruptions from pet, siblings and outside noise.
- Students are expected to be ready to learn during live sessions. It is strongly recommended that students are out of their pajamas and dressed as if they are ready for school.
- Just as in school, students are expected to be seated at a desk or table and not laying down during live school sessions.
- Please do not interrupt your child’s Google Meet session by asking the teacher questions. If you have questions for your child’s teacher please send an email during office hours (2:00 pm-2:20 pm daily) and the teacher will get back to you.
- Please respect the privacy of our teachers and your child’s classmates. Do not video or audio record Google Meet sessions. Additionally, please do not post these sessions on social media. The recording, modification of video and still images of teachers or students is not permitted.